Teeth

Teeth - Hannah Moskowitz "That’s what TEETH is about: the impossibility of reality.Because fiction likes to make things simple and real for us. Fiction likes to tell us that our world is manageable and that we have within us the strength to persevere, and that things don’t need to radically change to be okay.Except that’s not true.To make the impossible possible, sometimes people have to break. Sometimes terrible horrible things happen. Sometimes you have to let go of something that is true and beautiful and real in order to allow something equally true, beautiful, and real to survive.On TEETH’s cover it says “Miracles come at a price.” And in fairytales, we see Rumpelstiltskin’s price of the first born child and we see pumpkins at midnight and we see dancing shoes. And there are happily ever afters, even in the original non-Disneyfied versions. Cinderella gets the prince and her stepsisters get their eyes pecked out by ravens.TEETH is not about happy endings. It’s about true endings. It’s about realism and things that hurt to carry and it’s about carrying on because “the hardest thing and the right thing are the same” (as the Fray say in ‘All at Once’)."The rest of the review and SPOILERS are at my blog.